Blogging and other Social Networking Platforms are integral to Good Communication Skills?

Saturday 15 February 2014

4 years at Amity



It is hard to believe that the journey of 4 years of my life at Amity is coming to an end. These 4 years gave me a bundle of new experiences. I came here to become an engineer and to gain technical knowledge but Amity also gave me an insight of my own actions and made me learn more about myself.

Every student who enters a university to pursue higher education often has a lot of expectations and so did I like everyone else. I wanted to learn, gain new experiences, make friends, enjoy these 4 years to the fullest. I can gladly say that I earned it all.

When I entered Amity it was a huge place which felt like a maze. I always feared that I might forget the way and get lost in this campus. I was nervous because it was a new place with new people, but gradually I started feeling comfortable in this environment. I spent the first semester mostly discovering the campus, trying different food items in H block, different cafeterias and meeting new people. The timings of the classes were from 9:15 to 5:50 which made us so tired at the end of the day. Studying so many subjects at the same time was really difficult. Nobody was acquainted well about the examination pattern and how to score but we figured it out by the second semester.

I adjusted well after the first year. The second year was comparatively easier in terms of the number of subjects and the timings were slightly less. In addition, I was glad to study more number of core subjects like C++, operating system etc. The third year was perhaps the toughest of the 4 years that I studied at Amity. The 5th semester had courses of about 30 credits. There was certainly a lot pressure.

The final year made me feel like I have to suddenly make a lot of decisions about my life. It is still hard to decide what I am really willing to do after this. I tried attempting in the campus placements and it was a new experience. The final year was more concerned about making the decision about my future but at the same time I felt nostalgic when I remembered the previous 3 years.

Life at Amity gave me a lot of opportunities to explore new things and make new friends. I learned a lot about myself through these experiences. I have learned to handle pressure and make the best use of minimum resources at hand. In the end, I am taking a lot of memories, experiences and a few precious friends along with me. I would like to thank everyone who has been a part of this wonderful journey.

2 comments:

  1. A well written article Vasundhara, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I can relate to a lot of things you have written. Best of luck for the times ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Written wholeheartedly. You have been a great friend. Hope you have a good future ahead awaiting you :)

    ReplyDelete