Blogging and other Social Networking Platforms are integral to Good Communication Skills?

Tuesday 18 February 2014

Farewell Speech



Respected founder, teachers and friends, 

They say college changes people. After 4 years in Amity University, I know it has certainly changed me. And for the better. I came in as a nobody, and now I’m leaving as someone who’s made something of himself. And I’m indebted to this institution for providing the opportunities that aided in that evolution.

Among the first things I remember after joining was my need to belong. What made Amity so different from school was the people. The vast variety of personalities from all over India brought together under one roof. We were different in so many ways, and yet, I felt compelled to get along with everyone. In a way, I learnt how to empathize. I’ve had to abandon some of my old principles, but at the same time, I’ve developed a few good ones. Ones that now define me. In that search for integrity, there’s no denying that there were a couple of rough patches here and there. There are moments I’m not too proud of, but I’m glad I was able to experience and learn from them. 

I’m also quite pleased with the exposure I’ve received in Amity. A little recognition goes a long way. I've had the chance to attend a week long learning program conducted by Victor Udoewa,  a marvelous and inspirational instructor from Google itself. I've worked in a Technical Outsourcing project involving interactions with management teams residing in the US. I’ve attended numerous seminars and conferences. But most of all, it was my rewarding venture with Attendance Planners that really put faith in my abilities.

I’ve also met some extraordinary people in my time in Amity. People whom I respect deeply. People I’m indebted to. People I can always lean on when I’m down. People who continue to amuse me. People I call friends and mentors at this point. Ones I intend to keep in contact with even after we go our separate ways.

My stay in Amity University has given me more than memories alone. It has given me a sense of purpose and identity.

Thank you


- Neil Mathew (A2324710002)

No comments:

Post a Comment