Blogging and other Social Networking Platforms are integral to Good Communication Skills?

Wednesday 12 February 2014

My Glorious years at Amity

It is not too late from the time I was grooving to the tunes of Neeraj Shridhar, enjoying the icy 'chuski' in the chilly night and working my brains out in the technical events that were a part of the yearly extravaganza - our very own Amity Youth Fest which concluded a couple of days back. One thing that was bothering me was that this was going to be my last fest at Amity. Time has passed in a flash, and my tenure at this amazing institution is coming to an end in a few month's time from today.

It was June, 2010, when I first visited Amity. The place was alien with an entirely different surrounding with a whole lot of new faces. I realized that I had to get used to the huge red buildings and the lush green lawns as I had to spend my four years here. Initially, I always used to find myself lost in the corridors of the buildings. It was a perfect 'bhool-bhulaiya' (maze). The E-block cafeteria 'Megabyte' had become my 'lunch-time' home but soon I explored the different areas of the campus, and today I have a blue-map of the whole campus embedded in my brain. I am certainly going to miss each and everything on the campus, which in true sense made Amity a home away from home.

I feel privileged to have been taught by the 'Einsteins' of the Physics department, the 'Ramanujans' from the Mathematics department and 'Schrodingers' of the Chemistry department. Frankly speaking, I didn't enjoy studying these subjects, but as they were a part of the curriculum , I had to. The first year we learnt everything but computers. I mean most of it was NOT computers. The second and the third years were when we actually studied the core subjects. That's when things became interesting. Java, Computer Organization, Operating System and Networking are the few of my most loved subjects. Term Papers, Minor Projects, Internships, Major Projects and a lot of micro projects were a part of the academics.

College = Friends. College life is incomplete without friends and Amity gave me a lot of 'amis', from the brainy and geeky to the mischievous, I was glad to have friends of all make. Being with friends transformed those teeny-weeny 5 minutes gap between the lectures to some of the funniest moments. Spending time with friends will be the most cherished memory. For the past few months, everyone has realized that we don't have much time before we go in different directions, and for that very reason, people have come close. I'm thankful that we are living in this age of social media as Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp will keep us glued to each other even after our course would end.

Apart from the degree and an offer letter, I will take a sac-full of memories that I will cherish for life. I am deeply indebted to each and every person - from the Vice Chancellor to the security guard -  in this amazing institution who have worked day in, day out to make my stay at Amity a memorable one.

3 comments: